Cameo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travelers (OOC)

+3
Celo
Prussian
Valnarian
7 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Travelers (OOC) - Page 2 Empty Re: Travelers (OOC)

Post by Tarragon Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:01 am

Alright, how about this?

I'll start the RP on Friday, and if any character is missing, they can literally 'fall' into the story at any point (Outside of fighting) just like they'd accidentally got swept up into a temporary one. That, or maybe some plot you decide to do in your own worlds calls for them to be somewhere else.

At any rate, StoneWall has his own RP he's working on refining ideas for. He's busy with that, so he said he might join, but it probably won't be any time soon, so we should probably go ahead and start.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

https://cameo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_Dirus Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:44 am

Sounds good to me Smile let's get this show on the road
Canis_Dirus
Canis_Dirus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Incidentally, should we have some sort of thread for important non-Traveler characters? (I may or may not have mentioned this before.)
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_Dirus Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:28 pm

Well they could just be put in the character sheet section....
And then just make it known that they are not a traveler....

Canis_Dirus
Canis_Dirus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:48 pm

So are we starting this tonight? Where do you think Therese Tytona Asio should end up first? I had this entrance for her in mind where she drops into wherever said place is from a portal and is acting all excited, maybe with someone else standing nearby (maybe surprised that she seemed to pop out of thin air) watching her for a moment without her noticing, until she does notice them and is like "Hey! Hi! How are you?" That would be a good entrance for her I think, and would help establish her personality right off the bat.
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:35 pm

Sorry for the late start. I was writing the thing down and got distracted, but I had every intention of making sure the IC started.

Okay, so, yes I went with the cafe thing, but most people could probably tell it might be something like that. Literally, characters are just going to walk unknowingly through portals in the cafe, around eight in the morning, including my two mages and Mouse. So realistically, the 'surprise' factor depends on who you show up next to.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Alright people, that's the last of the characters I'm going to let show up in this part of the RP. Get your final posts in. This weekend I'm doing a timeskip so we can get the story moving. I was holding up because some people were still making characters, but I think this is enough. Any future characters are going to have to appear later.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_Dirus Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Finally....

I'm running out of sarcastic responses to people showing up
Canis_Dirus
Canis_Dirus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Well, I was ready to move on, also, but I kept getting more character sheets. I just hurried up after the most recent one and said that any more new people will have to wait for the next part of the story. The final thing you can do, if you made a character with particularly violent tendencies, is other portal hotspots exist aside from the cafe. Multiple hotspot areas send their Travelers to a big headquarters, and any Travelers that act particularly aggressive might be subdued and then 'detained' inside of special prison cells located at the headquarters.

The first plot will have something to deal with one of these 'detainees' that is particularly unique among Travelers, but you can also have some of your people arriving at the place from elsewhere, if you don't care to do fancy intros, or detained in neighboring cells (Some forgiveness happens, it's not like someone can be entirely blamed for being upset if they're forced out of their realm against their will, so if they calm down they'll be let out)
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:08 pm

I have three more Travelers to introduce at this time. We'll see where they end up first.
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:23 pm

I'm happy that a lot of people are enthusiastic about making characters for this.

At any rate, the first plot will be relatively 'minor' compared to everything else, it doesn't really cover any backstories or worlds our own characters came from, but I figure we need to do a world unrelated first so we can start refining other things. (or maybe there's more to it?)

This in mind, I need the first person in the RP aside from the GM to step up and volunteer their character's world for the plot after the upcoming one. We need to be in a PM conversation and discuss how the plot will pan out and refine it a bit so that the whole thing blends with the main story seamlessly and is ready to go before we even reach that point.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:40 pm

People, the appearance of the Animal-Traveler is meant to take up the remaining time until 2:00. Please be aware, there is no instant-kill in this circumstance, because it can't keep people occupied if it dies.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Prussian Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:28 pm

I choose to believe that the frog-man in Vipera's post is actually from Frog and Toad

Travelers (OOC) - Page 2 FrogandToad1-690

This is how I imagine him, and now it's how you imagine him.
Prussian
Prussian
The One and Only

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Heheh! Pretty close, actually.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:01 pm

I tried to compose a post, but it will have to wait till tomorrow. Incidentally, this visiting of other portal hotspots seems like a good opportunity for more introduction of Travelers, yes?
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:33 am

Yes, though you'll only have it as people stuck on the same seat in the bus.

This in mind, Humpback and Gill may or may not reappear in later portions of the story, as they are Travelers, and I actually have this whole backstory for them.

Another important detail, Humpback worries over Gill, and the Frog repeatedly states that he's weak, but is that really what's going on here? Crocodiles were oppressive towards Frogs in their world, and there's definitely the implication that the Crocodiles were physically superior, but is that really because Gill is weak, or is it because Humpback assumes he's weak because he's a Frog and there's a prevailing stereotype? Secondly, Gill repeatedly claims to be weak, but as much as he says it, it's almost like he's focusing excessively on his strength compared to other characters.

Strong characters who consider themselves powerful don't really acknowledge anyone else as a threat unless there's a display of power that they absolutely know for certain surpasses theirs, so the default way of thinking is that they're just the strongest guy in the room, and several characters seem to be guilty of having that mentality. Isn't Gill just feeding this narrative, that the Frog is weak, and the Crocodile isn't an actual threat because he's quick to act out of line and doesn't really have the capability to stop an attacker, because he said someone died on his watch? What if they're just trying to see who's willing to attack a supposedly harmless individual or group? What if this entire pattern of behavior is just to test our characters, to see who's willing to resort to violence, even if they might kill someone? Is Humpback even really thinking Gill is weak, or are the two characters just taking advantage of an old backstory to make things more believable? Did a person really die on Humpback's watch, or is he just a really, really good actor, and capable of manipulating even the smartest guys out of the bunch?

This in mind, we've seen characters with naturally strong powers, and the Frog and Crocodile duo are purely bipedal animals with only the strengths their race gave them, which isn't much compared to superpowers and such. But remember what I said from the beginning, in this RP, Travelers pick up and retain power, as Snell stated, he's got magical capability, and he isn't actually from a world where that's normally possible. This in mind, even if Humpback and Gill's original powers aren't much, as experienced Explorers, how many worlds have they gone through, and how many skills did they learn along the way?

This is an interesting thing to reflect on.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Glict Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Well looky here. I didn't even know there was an OOC for this RP. I couldn't find it in the OOC section. Apparently I'm blind.
Glict
Glict
That One Bowl of Cornflakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:25 pm

Yeah, sorry, the website format plasters the threads in sub-forum categories very strangely, for whatever reason. It's sort of confusing, but I can't seem to keep the neat organized look of the main forum homepage without also being stuck with the weirder bits.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Tarragon wrote:Yes, though you'll only have it as people stuck on the same seat in the bus.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by that.

Anyways, sorry there was no post yesterday as promised. I didn't have as much time as I had anticipated.
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Glict Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:48 pm

I own page three, yeet.

Edit: I PMed you Vipera. You should check that. Smile
Glict
Glict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Being stuck on the same seat in the bus is as exactly what it sounds like. They're basic buses. Two people can fit per seat (Unless it's a particularly large person) and it has little seatbelts for the waist.

There's also surrounding vehicles acting as a security detail/overflow seating, so there's a small motorcade of sorts.

Also, replied, Glict.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Glict Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:18 pm

Anyone gonna post?
Glict
Glict

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:49 am

Waiting on you, Glict. Then I'll introduce my next Traveler.
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:17 pm

Midterms coming up real soon, but also, mostly, I want to give myself lots of time to write good posts, and I don't want to hurry along anyone who's currently got a conversation going.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Glict Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:11 pm

I have a sketch of Goose that I don't plan on finishing.

Here's Goose.

Your post Val.
Glict
Glict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next