Cameo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENTER THE GAUNTLET (OOC)

4 posters

Go down

ENTER THE GAUNTLET (OOC) Empty ENTER THE GAUNTLET (OOC)

Post by Sairei Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:01 pm

ENTER THE GAUNTLET

Hey you! That’s right, you! If you’re reading this message, you’ve been chosen to participate in the Gauntlet! A series of mind-boggling, death-defying, mysterious puzzles and challenges for my entertainment. Me! The great and powerful Zooz. You should consider it a great honor… And best of all, it’s mandatory!

But first I’ve got to break the fourth wall and tell you the rules of the roleplay. Gotta get this boring stuff out of the way before we get to all the fun, you know? Ugh, I hate the boring stuff, but I guess it’s super important… That’s what my sister would tell me anyway.

RULES OF THE RP
1. No autoing, god-modding, metagaming, or powerplaying. (However there are certain exceptions that may arise given the circumstances of this RP).
2. You must submit a minimum of three (3) characters and they must fit the character sheet template that will be provided below. These characters may be brand new or they may be ones you’ve used in previous roleplays. They must be something of your creation—no fan-characters or copyrighted characters.
3. You must PM me your character sheet for approval. I will be posting your character sheets so I can keep everything organized.
4. Both magic and science fiction based characters are allowed in this roleplay.
5. God-like characters are NOT allowed. This pretty much includes anyone with invincibility, teleportation, omniscience, omnipotence, the ability to hop between dimensions, etc… However there are certain exceptions—feel free to bring these up if you feel your character is qualified.
6. Take a moment right now to go write “beep boop” somewhere on your character sheet before reading the other rules.
7. This is a COOPERATIVE roleplay. That means you should not submit characters that are incapable of working as a team, nor should you bring anyone that resorts to senseless violence.
8. Despite what rule 7 said, you can sabotage other players if you like! Think of this RP as an episode of Survivor, or some other reality or game show. Just remember to keep your characters in character. Sally-Do-Gooder wouldn’t stab Stacy-Sweet-Talker in the back, now would she?
9. Characters may ‘die’ in this roleplay, but it will not be permanent, and it will not be at the hands of any other person’s characters. There will be no character-on-character combat to the death, though there may be fights if two characters have a disagreement. It makes good television, alright? Outright death of contestants doesn’t.
10. Avoid sexual content at all costs. However, romance and swearing are allowed.
11. If you don’t like RNG, don’t join this roleplay. I will be rolling the dice to determine some things, and if you can’t handle random chance, don’t join. I will tell you however that anything left up to RNG will not result in anything horrendous.
12. Don’t be a douche. That means no flaming, trolling, or harassment. Arguments should be taken up with me or privately with the person you’re having a disagreement with. Don’t involve everybody. Solve your own problems like adults, you whackjobs.
13. I reserve the right to eject anyone from the RP at any time if they’re being unreasonable or otherwise breaking the rules.

CHARACTER SHEET TEMPLATE

Name:

Species:

World of Origin:

Physical Appearance:

Personality:

Skills:
 (things your character has learned to do that are not magic/power related.)
(ex “I’m really good at theatrics because I took a class on it! BOOM BOOM! THUNDAH!”)

Powers/Abilities: (if you pitiful people have any magic/powers put ‘em here. Be detailed.)

Other:

RULES OF THE GAUNTLET

1. Each person must have three varied characters at their disposal. At any time, one character will be on the playing field and the other two will be waiting in the lobby.
2. The lobby is a place where powers/abilities/technology are nullified. Therefore there will be no killing or escape attempts while in the lobby. Characters in the lobby may interact with each other and can commentate on the happenings on the playing field, but they cannot interact with characters that are currently IN the playing field. Food and drinks and entertainment are provided until a character is tagged in to the playing field.
3. When tagged, one character is switched out for another of the player’s choice. Tagging only occurs at the start of each puzzle. You cannot tag a character in during the middle of a puzzle.
4. If your character is defeated by a puzzle, (whether outsmarted or ‘killed’) they will be required to spend a turn in the recovery tent. They cannot interact with anyone until the next puzzle is over. If a player’s characters are defeated three times, they lose and cannot continue in the RP.
5. In the lobby and on the playing field, there may be special advantages given to the inquisitive character/player. These advantages are called POWER UPS and are locked to the character that received them. They may not be traded and can have a variety of effects. Know that POWER UPS can have disastrous consequences—though they might not always.  
6. POWER UPS are also available upon completing certain (and not obvious) bonus challenges on the playing field. Note that all POWER UPS are one-use only, and will be removed from the character’s inventory after use.
7. The aforementioned ‘disastrous consequences’ and the puzzles that the player’s characters are subject to are completely randomized, as in Sar will be rolling a dice to decide everything. (So don’t whine if you get something you don’t like—it’s all luck of the draw. Blame RNG.)
8. Characters will not permanently die. The worst thing that can happen is they can get is sent to the recovery tent for the duration of a puzzle.

POWER UPS

1. TAG-TEAM: Once activated, the character may tag in another character at the time of use. Tagged character will remain in the puzzle for the duration of the puzzle. May be used any time.
2. REVITALIZE: Any injuries sustained (or anything else that warrants one DEFEAT status) are removed from the character’s record. This can be used last-minute to save a player from dropping out of the RP, or it can work like a full energy-restore or health pack to keep a character going during a puzzle.
3. PHONE-CALL: The character may call one person from across the multiverse for assistance with the puzzle. Phone call lasts until puzzle is solved or until someone has hung up. (Recipients of call are subject to approval by Sar).
4. SUMMON ITEM: Once activated, character may summon any item that they can hold with one hand. Item will disappear after the end of the puzzle, as will any effects it may or may not have. (Items are subject to approval by Sar).
5. SUPER-SPEED: Grants character super-speed for three (3) of the player’s posts.

Last edited by Sairei on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:40 am; edited 5 times in total
Sairei
Sairei
Space Dragon

http://safyr3.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

ENTER THE GAUNTLET (OOC) Empty Re: ENTER THE GAUNTLET (OOC)

Post by Sairei Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:02 pm

CHARACTER SHEETS

Sar's Characters:
<to be added>

Canis_Dirus' Characters:
Tank:

Petri:

Sigma:

Valnarian's Characters
Erukai Gudarien, Saritas:

Supani'sav (Nodd):

Recon Asimov Unit Beta-116:

Prussian's Characters:
Recet Dyruri:

Touo Aleko Vi Tomemnun Di Soneni:

Solindas:

Volt's Characters:
Warwisp Roo'k'thi'k:

Yyoi Zee:

Orwin Malt:

Valarina's Characters:
Sandy:

Medusa:

Camryn:

Sylvanria's Characters:
Shade:

Serin Wayre:

Rylek Ravenzi:

Last edited by Sairei on Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:38 am; edited 18 times in total
Sairei
Sairei
Space Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairei Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:02 pm

AREA MAPS

THE LOBBY
Lobby:

DOOR PUZZLE
Door Puzzle:
*trees not to scale, nor in proper placement thanks to limits of the map-making program.

Puzzle 2

Puzzle 3

Puzzle 4

Puzzle 5

Puzzle 6

Last edited by Sairei on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:57 pm; edited 6 times in total
Sairei
Sairei
Space Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:04 am

Finally! Some activity! Will finish the reading the rules and submitting characters later.
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairei Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:40 am

Just want to let everyone know I've tweaked the rules just a small bit. If you've already read them, you may want to read them again.
Sairei
Sairei
Space Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:20 pm

Submissions have been made.
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:55 am

Forgive the double post but . . .

WHEN DO WE START?!!!!
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairei Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:41 am

I'm still waiting on three people to submit their character sheets.

**STARES INTENTLY AT GLICT/ANGEL/VOLT***
Sairei
Sairei
Space Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairei Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:09 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT:

RP START WILL BE DELAYED UNTIL (LIKELY) NEXT SUNDAY. (3/4/18) OR PERHAPS SATURDAY NIGHT.
Sairei
Sairei
Space Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:46 am

Ready when everyone else is.
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairei Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:20 am

Alright so I'm missing one person's characters still, but she'll have them to me by tonight.
If all goes well I'll be posting the IC tonight.
Smile
Sairei
Sairei
Space Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Prussian Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:48 pm

The A N T I C I P A T I O N
Prussian
Prussian
The One and Only

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairei Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:43 pm

THE IC IS UP.

ALSO YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK AT THE MAP SECTION OF THE OOC IF YOU'RE CONFUSED AS TO THE LAYOUT OF THE LOBBY.
YOU CAN FIND IT ON PAGE ONE UNDER ALL THE CHARACTER SHEETS.
Sairei
Sairei
Space Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:25 am

@Sylvanria I don't see your character profiles here, have you registered them with Sairei yet?
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairei Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:37 am

@Valnarian

Sylvanria is Angelwolf-- I typed the wrong name because I know her first and foremost as Angelwolf. Gonna correct it now lol.
Sairei
Sairei
Space Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Hopefully will make my next post later today. Got to get things done right now.
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Prussian Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:23 pm

Valnarian, you're amazing
Prussian
Prussian
The One and Only

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Um, thank you.
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_Dirus Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Valnarian, per Sar, don't post about characters in the lobby until she says it's cool again.

Canis_Dirus
Canis_Dirus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down