Cameo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raw OOC Template

3 posters

Go down

Raw OOC Template Empty Raw OOC Template

Post by StoneWall Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Raw OOC Template

This thread will facilitate the first role-play OOC.
StoneWall
StoneWall
Hydrox

Back to top Go down

Raw OOC Template Empty Re: Raw OOC Template

Post by Valnarian Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:25 pm

So, what are the ideas for RPs so far?
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneWall Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:59 am

This is one of my favorite RP suggestions, proposed by Vipera.

The second RP that I've come up with involves inhabited planets being connected to each other by portals. There is no explanation for how these portals appeared, but it is suspected a higher form of life created them. The catch to these portals is that only a small number of people can go through them--people who aren't 'warpers' can walk through without ever going anywhere. They just walk into the wall or appear on the other side in the same location where the portal is. What is discovered, though, is that different races live on each world, and depending on progress, it can be tribal or modern as far as technology. Nothing is space-faring. Most people don't know the portals exist, it's closely-kept in most modern worlds as a secret by government officials, and tribal races that are less-advanced think it is some sort of supernatural phenomenon. The story revolves around the people who accidentally stumble into these portals that can get transported, and then becoming stranded on alien worlds where they have to learn how to survive, and ultimately, figure out why these portals form and who put them there.
StoneWall
StoneWall
Hydrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:44 pm

I'm still trying to envision a plot connecting the whole 'learning about many cultures' thing, but if we do this, we can also have humans as 'warpers' (I have got to come up with a better name). I think it would be interesting if every participant made a single planet and race, and then a character from that race and then everyone got mixed up, with each person controlling what happens on their planet to the people that get stranded. Everyone gets a turn being in charge of something. Not only that, but you don't have to make exclusively the special characters. You can also make the people on each planet trying to investigate the phenomenon.

Of course, after we find out how many people are interested, there needs to be some sort of order, where characters get stranded together on one world, and gradually go through a cycle, each person going to a different planet. I'm going to say multiple warpers as a group get stuck together, but each time they go through the portals, they either don't see their own world, or something weird happens and they can't stay ( The magic of the plot sucks you in ). By default, I'm probably going to do the first planet, because we need at least one character that has some sort of basic understanding of the principles, and I'm going to just say it's an alien who got stranded on the human world, and for some reason was lucky enough that he escaped to his own planet...and then he gets stuck in the plot.

For the most part, I want to say that it can seem deliberate and less up to chance where portals lead. Alien suspicion did not appear because it seemed random.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

https://cameo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum