Cameo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travelers (OOC)

+3
Celo
Prussian
Valnarian
7 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Travelers (OOC) Empty Travelers (OOC)

Post by Tarragon Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:41 pm

Travelers

“…Do you think this kid was running from something?”

“Probably, it seems like he flew across the room when he came through, the portal was over there, I think, but I’m not one of those people, so it’s not like I know the exact spot.”

“Well, either way, he’s got a nasty welt on his head, and since he’s out, I’m going to venture a guess and say he’s got a concussion. No telling how bad, but he might be disoriented, possibly nauseous and sensitive to light when he wakes up. I don’t have any sort of fancy equipment, but we’ll need to monitor him for a bit, maybe call the doctor.”

“I thought you were a doctor?”

“Nah, I’m just good at deducing things, and I remember what I read. Thanks for the compliment, though that doesn’t really change the fact that we’ve got a kid passed out in the middle of the floor, here.”

“So…what should we do?”

“Hmm…you know what, call doc over, just go ahead and do it. We’ve had a lot more cases requiring some sort of treatment today, and we aren’t equipped to handle anything major. Ever since this place became a hotspot for first-timers, we’ve been getting huge grants from the big-wigs to screen anyone that shows up. Sometimes a few crazies come through, which is why the recruiters approached you and set you up here to work with me. The doc’s sworn to secrecy, and if they aren’t too dangerous to handle, they’re too valuable to permit deaths.

“So…what’s his number?”

“The number is on the fridge in the kitchen, now, hurry up! His breathing’s getting faster, he’s going to wake up any minute.”

Welcome to Travelers RP, a story where characters travel between worlds, and where your character can be new, or an old favorite!

Before we begin, we need to go over a few rules first:

Rules

1. No Autoing, God-modding, or Power-playing

2. No Flaming, Trolling, or Harassment

3. Sexual topics are against the rules, but characters may swear, so long as you do not attempt to cheat the censor. Romance is allowed.

4. Characters can be either new ones made using the provided template, or they can be old ones using their original character sheet. Acceptance will be decided based on an individual basis.

5. The only characters capable of passing through portals are ‘Travelers’. Non-Traveler characters cannot pass through portals, and lack the ability to see them. Travelers can see portals, and recognize them as odd distortions in the air, somewhat like severe heat-waves, or as intense ripples in water.

6. Some portals are fixed and permanent, and may or may not appear in the same place at regular intervals. Other portals open and close irregularly, and may only be temporary. All characters initially appear in the plot due to temporary portals, aside from special agents.

7. Do not abuse portals during fight scenes.

8. Occasionally, but very rare, portals will lead into ‘Corridors’ rather than directly to the other side. Each corridor is inhabited by a being meant to represent the RPer that created the world the characters are about to enter, and these ‘Corridor Guardians’ are like ghosts. They cannot be harmed, or harm anyone else. They are indifferent and will provide advice to antagonists as well as protagonists, unless offended. Corridor Guardians often determine the kind of environment a corridor has, and environments can be anything from normal areas to highly surreal, dream-like places. Corridor Guardians can also be many different forms.

9. Nothing can be removed from Corridors, characters can only take what they have brought with them. Corridors often encompass small areas, though they may seem like larger areas, but attempting to leave the designated ‘Corridor Area’ will often lead to emerging back on the opposite corners of it.

10. A unique sub-variant of Corridors, ‘Branched Corridors’ often contain one main portal like normal ones, leading to the main world, but hidden in their outskirts, Branched Corridors can hold multiple portals leading to different places, sometimes depending on the form of the Corridor itself.

11. Linked portals have the same orientation. Walking into one portal that opens vertically will not result in falling from a portal horizontally placed in the air.

12. Worlds that appear in the RP will only be determined by new characters, not old ones taken from other RPs.

13. Worlds in the RP do not require any sort of detailed description, but unique names will help with organization, as well as brief overviews, such as stance towards Travelers, technological level, local areas, and whether magic exists.

14. No World present in the RP is space-faring, so there will be no aliens that have the capacity to space-travel.

15. Magic may or may not exist for characters or Worlds, but please keep this within reason, nothing too extreme should be done based on the presence of magic.

16. No killing characters without permission.

17. Should an RPer violate rules, the GM reserves the right to kill or otherwise remove characters that become problematic. This includes characters that immediately turn violent at the beginning of the RP, or major actions that derail the plot.

18. Not all characters are human, and not all characters will look human.

19. The strength of characters may vary, but all characters may have the chance to grow more powerful during the RP as they pass through certain worlds. Travelers are known to gain additional strengths by passing through Worlds, but never lose them.

20. Write ‘Wayward’ in the end of your Character Personality section if you read these rules.

New Character Sheet (If you are bringing in characters from other RP’s, disregard this and use the original character sheet)

Name:

Species:

Homeworld: (New Character Worlds may appear in the plot, so give the world a unique name)

Physical Appearance:

Personality:

Abilities/Skills:

Biography: (Optional/Hidden)

Other:

Last edited by Tarragon on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

https://cameo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Travelers (OOC) Empty Re: Travelers (OOC)

Post by Valnarian Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:42 am

I'll think about this one. Most of my energy is currently going towards the Space RP by CD. Still. I'll keep this one in mind.

Also, maybe you could add some note on the appearance category that an illustration can be added, if desired.
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Appearances can use illustrations, but I've made a different section altogether for characters, and there is also now a world section just for the sake of neatness.

People may now post.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:25 pm

I was thinking about this RP today, and I am rather pleased to announce that several interesting characters and ideas found their way in. Stay tuned.
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_Dirus Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:23 am

Alright, let me write up my character sheet and I'll enter.

Let the fun begin...
Canis_Dirus
Canis_Dirus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_Dirus Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:48 am

So are we able to hide the abilities/skills section and send you a copy, Tarragon?

I have a cool idea, but I would like to reveal the powers and stuff as we RP
Canis_Dirus
Canis_Dirus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:58 am

Yes, you can hide stuff about your characters and post those sheets in the section and just PM me the original sheet before you do the omissions.

This in mind, you'd be surprised what I might let people get away with.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Just a quick question. I notice that for two of your characters, you list their allegiance as 'Primacy.' What does that mean exactly?

EDIT: Incidentally, what's with the writing 'wayward' at the end of the Personality Section?
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_Dirus Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:05 pm

Key words like wayward are used to prove you have read the rules. Silly but effective
Canis_Dirus
Canis_Dirus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:59 pm

Like Canis says, in more complicated RP's adhering to the rules is crucial to prevent the entire thing from falling apart, so while it's a simple system, it does ensure that someone read your rules, because they know there's a keyword somewhere and that they need that to be approved.

Granted, sometimes I still have people screen my rules for keywords and not really read or memorize what I've written, but the system is still a pretty good check. I've used it for years and had few issues, unless the RP had a lot of rules in general.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_Dirus Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:02 pm

Well in any case, if someone doesn't read the rules, they should have and are liable for breaking them whether they paid attention or not. If you can't even read the rules, you shouldn't be in the RP in the first place.

That said, it's an easy way to encourage reading said rules before something bad happens
Canis_Dirus
Canis_Dirus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:31 pm

Well, making one more male character, and that's it, I think, for characters in my main cast. I couldn't resist bringing Mouse into the RP. I feel like even though it might be sci-fi, a world ruled by giant monsters created by radiation sounds pretty close to something most characters would have trouble believing in, but it's a great character.

The final character will be a mage from a true magic fairy-tale world with all the crazy stuff that entails.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_Dirus Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:33 pm

Oh you're too sexist to make a female character huh? Misogynist......xD

Anyways I'm ready to begin when the rest of y'all are
Canis_Dirus
Canis_Dirus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:43 pm

Well, I'm busy getting my own sheets ready, and then, it's only the two of us who have character sheets at all. I'm still waiting on everyone else who said they'd join.

At any rate, I think I could make a female character since I had an idea (I was actually going to make her an antagonist, she was going to appear either way, but the problem is that she isn't really a bad person. She's just done some things that are taboo, and she can't really get away from that, but she had her reasons for it, even if she was a bit misguided). I think I'm just a little worried about making characters that I'll have to manage at all times, since six is a huge number to try to work with when multiple people are interacting with different ones. That's kind of why I started this thing where I make them in pairs sometimes, so that I can minimize the difficulty by keeping two together in a group, where it's more like you're working with three people instead of six or seven, and then you just have to nail the interactions between your own characters.

At any rate, I brought Mouse in because I think she'd be oddly compatible with Edward (Both share a few personality traits, but their skill sets are dramatically different). I think Mouse will be a good mentor, although mostly involving situations where running isn't exactly a solution.

This aside, I actually have a lot of characters I might bring in, not as protagonists, but as antagonistic roles, because that’s the type of characters they are. If you were in any of the RP’s I joined, be prepared, because anyone might be on this list of future bad guys.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_Dirus Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:57 pm

Well I was kidding, honestly you probably have plenty of non-enemy characters at least for now.

After reading about Mouse, I'm interested to see how her and Desin get along, since they both seem to have a bit of a negative outlook. Heck maybe they'll even fight or something.

Unfortunately I have not been in any RPs with you for a very long time, if ever. So I guess you can surprise me
Canis_Dirus
Canis_Dirus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:08 am

Well, finished with my characters. I know what I plan on doing with all of them, but sometimes I can't really write good character sheets like I want to. The portrayal of my characters is usually how I develop them, so it's hard to sum up certain personality types.

That in mind, I know exactly how I want Elysia to behave, but the character I have in mind is complex and I can't seem to really write down the personality without making the character sheet gigantic. I also am not satisfied with the finished product, but I do know what I'm going for.

Anyway, currently trapped by frozen roads at home. Kinda feel stir crazy, but I run people ragged with my need to go places.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:19 pm

I'll have my first character sheet tonight, if not more than one. You can count on one Traveler of my being majorly antagonistic.
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_Dirus Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:32 pm

@tarragon: I usually give a summary instead of trying to write out each detail. Then I can focus on playing the character how I envisioned it instead of trying to describe every aspect. You might try it.

@Valnarian: hehehe I can't wait for our characters to meet then.
Canis_Dirus
Canis_Dirus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:40 pm

Valnarian, although your character seems to be acceptable, I think you should still show me the sheets before posting them in the character sheet section. I like to look things over before accepting them. This is just for future reference, though.

Also, does this character's species have human-like features, or do they have bird-faces? I can't really determine that from the appearance section.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:25 am

Sorry about not showing you first. I must have missed the memo.

She has a human face.
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:20 pm

Alright, just making sure, otherwise I was going to picture a humanoid vulture/hawk combo thing.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_Dirus Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:20 pm

All these bird people, I should've given Desin a shotgun and made him a hunter xD....

Anyways, are we about ready?
Canis_Dirus
Canis_Dirus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarragon Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:25 pm

Well, depends, are all the characters needed for the beginning of the RP done, or do I need to wait a little more?

I have to start at some point, and I can't wait forever or enthusiasm dies down, but I don't want to leave too many people out, either.
Tarragon
Tarragon
Lead Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Valnarian Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:49 pm

I still have four more Travelers, and at least one important non-Traveler (perhaps there should be a section for such characters?). However, I'm not sure how long it will take me to complete character sheets. I'd hate to see enthusiasm drain for this. I wouldn't have objections to starting. Our characters don't necessarily have to run into each other all at the same time.
Valnarian
Valnarian
Knight of Valnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_Dirus Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:10 pm

All of my characters are in, at least for now. If I come up with another I'll submit it later on

Did Claywall say he was going to join this?

Canis_Dirus
Canis_Dirus
Dark Lord of the Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next